2013 To Be Read (TBR) ChallengePosted: January 7, 2013
Well, I performed rather abysmally with last year’s challenge. I read and reviewed 6 of 12 books. I did read, but not review one other: Uncle Tom’s Cabin. I just didn’t get into last year’s list that much. Guess that’s why the books had sat in the pile for so long already.
The time has come (arguably, the time has passed) to make my 2013 list. I am late putting it together, so not officially registering the list with Roof Beam Reader’s blog to be eligible for prizes. Just making the list for my own purposes.
Remember the details. The goal is to finally read 12 books from my “to be read” pile, within the next 12 months. Each of the 12 books must have been on my bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for at least one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2012 or later. Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile. And so.
My Twelve Chosen:
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Annabel by Kathleen Winter
- Dubliners by James Joyce
- A Short History of Progress by Ronald B. Wright
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- A Fair Country by John Ralston Saul
The Sentimentalists by Johanna Skibsrud
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
- Moral Disorder by Margaret Atwood
- The Navigator of New York by Wayne Johnson
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Robert The Bruce: Steps to the Empty Throne by Nigel Tranter
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe
In addition, I also pleadge to read at least 40 books this year. Do you have a reading challenge for 2013? What’s on your list?